From:
Butterfly Love <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 16:38:22 -0800
>Subject: PETsMART
>I also wanted to post a question.  I am confused on weather Feline Pine or
>All Pet Pine is ok to use as ferret litter.  I know that pine and cedar
>chips are NOT recommended for ferrets.  The Feline Pine web site says it's
>ok but I can't help but think this is a biased opinion and have heard that
>it is not good from other various people.  If anyone has more info on this
>please let me know.  I love to be educated on these things so I can help
>my customers.

************
I will say that I feel what works best is the recycled paper chips.
Because it absorbs urine output very nicely.  Also would like to add, that
there is very LIMITED dust, and the ferts aren't going to go out of thier
way to eat it.  They will try to go out of thier way of using it in the
beginning, I believe because it feels wierd on thier feet.  As well it
really doesn't have that bad of odor.  The cedar and pine of chips and
shavings (dust) gets into the ferts lungs and eventually can cause
blockage or pnemonia.

********************
>I think that if Marshall Farms is shipping ferrets out that are under age
>maybe the Media should get involved.  Contact 20/20 or Dateline to do a
>story on this.  If Marshall's is really doing this and they are exposed
>this could be the only way to stop them.
>
>Lori, Podo, and Kodo
**************
I couldn't agree with you more!  Personally I feel that ferts from
Marshall are at greater health risks because of them being fixed at such
a young age.  I have raised ferts on and off over last 20+ years, and the
ones I have now are the FIRST marshall pets I have ever owned.  Let me
tell you, it just seems like there is one problem after another, couple
that with a passive vet in his treating and it can be a headache with
worry!  If there was a way we could call them (marshall) on thier stuff,
I say let's DO IT!  mostly because 20/20 will use 'hidden' camera to find
if there is really anything going on there that shouldn't be.  As well as
thier stock isn't being replenished on regular basis for breeding.  So
then we are into weak stock!

It's a thought.
Yvonne
Columbia, Missouri  (ps I have never done a 'response'
before hope this works)

=====
If you are gonna DREAM, dream BIG!  Our thoughts do manifest!