From:
Lisa Mancilla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 1996 20:14:57 -0700
Hello folks,

I notice there has been quite a lot of questions regarding Totally Ferret
and whether or not there is that much of a differece between the two food.
Well this is what I've noticed:

When I adopted Samantha and Miss Wiggles from Dayna, she brought along
the food that she feeds here ferrets at the shelter, which is Totally
Ferret.  Dayna mixed a little dry fruit and then adds a vitamin
suppliment to the food.

Well I thought that I would just go home and feed the new babies the same
food as I feed Rosie and Maxie.  That's 8 and 1.  Well one look at Samantha
and Miss Wiggles when they walked in the door and I knew that I was going to
have a problem with 8 and 1.  Samantha at 14 weeks old is as big as Rosie
and Maxie (who are 7 months now) and her muscle structure is more solid.
Miss Wiggles had a recovery period from being kicked in the jaw by a human.
She had to undergo a total reconstruction of her jaw.  Some of her teeth are
broken and others are missing.  But she is totally healed and now eats the
dry food.  The only thing that I can relate this to is the Totally Ferret
Diet.  Dayna says that once she heals a ferret back to normal they have very
little vet visits.  Then the test.......I placed Totally Ferret food and 8
and 1 food side by side and found that Maxie, Samantha and Wiggles prefer
the Totally Ferret over 8 and 1 and Rosie, she perfers the 8 and 1.  So
there you have it three out of four ferrets prefer Totally Ferret over 8 and
1.  Sorry 8 and 1.

As far as disiplining my ferrets, I never tell them NONOBADFERRET, mostly
because that's not their names.  If I notice that they are doing something
improper, I scoop them up and hold them with their belly on my forearm and
my other hand under chin with my fingers around their heads and make sure
they are securly held and tell them how much I love them in an excited voice
and kiss them to death.  What I get when I put them on the floor is a wound
up ferret that forgot what wrong she was doing and eventually, the bad habit
is broken.  It works for me.

Have a great day everyone, kiss those fuzzies.

Lisa Mancilla