From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 20:38:23 -0500
to:    Selena Simonetti <>
>Subject: Cost of Shipping Ferrets
>How much would it cost to ship a ferret?  I know Star Ferrets rescues
>ferrets, but how much do they charge for each ferret and shipping included?

First, STAR* Ferrets is a network of ferret rescues, and shelters which are
in association with STAR* ferrets are independent in their operations.
STAR* helps lay the groundwork and the rest of the policy making is up to
each shelter.

Second, adoption fees are decided on by the shelter where the ferret
resides, but usually the fees range in the $50-75 area for an adult ferret.

Third, very few shelters will ship a ferret.  The cost is anywhere from
$60 on up in airline fees and since airlines will not allow ferrets in
the cabin, the risk of in luggage compartment travel should be thought
out, especially at certain time of the year.

for a listing of the ferret resources in your area, check out our WWW page:
http://www.csc.peachnet.edu/~rpoore/STAR/STAR.html

Pam Grant, Director