From:
Julie Guardino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 13:40:50 -0500
I just had to let you know that I had a similiar experience with one of my
Fuzzbutts.  This one was Poncho, the one that I adopted from Bob Church a
couple of months ago.  We put in a new room in our basement for the ferrets.
The door has a little larger space under it than normal.  The first day the
ferrets were loose in their new room I opened the door too quickly and
Poncho was right there looking under the door.  So his head got stuck under
the door!  I was terrified.  I had just lost my little girl to that
obstruction and now I thought I was going to lose Poncho too.  I was all
alone and couldn't for the life of me get him unstuck without really hurting
him.  I called a friend and screamed for help.  While I waited for him to
arrive I sat on the floor with Poncho and talked to him and held him still
cuz he was starting to freak out.  He too was drooling and his eyes were
getting glazed.  A few minutes later and my friend arrived and promptly
removed the door, something I couldn't do alone and Poncho was free.  He
seemed fine right away and didn't want any cuddling but to just run around
with his best friend and partner in crime, Razz.  I checked him over and
gave him a treat and kissed his little face till it was all wet.  Then I let
him go play.  You can be sure that I am extremely careful about opening that
door anymore.  We've also added a gate behind it so he can't get his head
under it anymore.

Cheers to all the fuzzys!
Julie and Poncho, Razz and Mickey