From:
Kelly White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 23:14:35 -0600
Hey all.  I normally don't have the time to read the newspaper, but since
I'm a journalism student, they make us.  Today it turned out to be a good
thing....there was a big article about ferret shelters in the Houston
Chronicle Lifestyles section.  Complete with several cute pictures
(including 3 shelter moms holding approx.  12 ferrets).  It was a pretty
positive article and although it did mention a few negatives...like that
they may bite and that Ann Landers advises against owning ferrets, and it
also had a caption that said, "A frolicking ferret is a curious creature, as
is evident by its window watching and purse perusal.  Ferrets require daily
attention to stay healthy, happy and tamed." I agree with most of it, except
the implication that they are constantly on the verge of being "wild"
animals.  oh well, can't have everything...Overall very good.  You may be
able to see it on the web...I don't know if they'll include it in the Houston
Chronicle's web page but they may...their addy is...http://www.chron.com

Also, Reverend Maynard seems to be doing better (as my mom tells me).  She
said when they arrived in San Antonio he kept chasing everyone and trying to
get into the trashcan and dooking like crazy (that's my Mayn Mayn).  She's
convinced that it's Houston that makes him sick...I hope not because I don't
want to be without him.  Thanks to Dayna who suggested looking for
Proliferative Bowel Disease when all the other tests failed.  Hope this is
it and we can fix it and have a healthy maynard again.

Well, have fun, hug your fuzzies because I'm missing one of mine.
                                   --->Kelly
 |\__\           /__/|          Head of Animal Optometry
 |  o o         o o  |          "Damn you, Let the Rabbits wear glasses"
/    =p=     =q=   \          University of Houston
Reverend Maynard: "I'm not looking at you."  Edie: "Snore, squeak."
** "A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense
not to himself." **
      (Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead)