From:
Dawn Gsoell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 08:39:26 -0500
Dear FML,
Last Saturday I received a phone call from a couple I met through the local
ferret club (F.R.O.L.I.C.).  They came to my apartment and within an hour
my ferrets were on their way to new homes.  The sick ones went to a vet
tech, who has experience with ferrets and will give them lots of help with
what ails them.  The healthy ones are staying with the couple who took them
home.  They are available for adoption as a trio, if they're not adopted
they have a permanent home.  I appreciate the fact that they will be kept
together, as I know they love each other, and that is best for them.

I want to thank everyone again, and publicly, since some of the e-mails I
sent didn't make it to their destinations.  Thank you to the people who
understand.  Some understood because they've been there, done that, some
understand because they have the foresight, and compassion to realize that
futures and plans can sometimes have a way of falling down mid-flight, and
some just offered support, even though they didn't understand.  To those
who don't understand having to find homes for their beloved pets, I hope
you never have to, that way you will be O.K.  in your opinions, and
beliefs, without ever having to know how bad this hurts.

I want to make a point to mention that the FML is a valuable resource for
anyone who has a ferret whether they are new to ferrets, or not.  The thing
that impressed me most is the wide variety of support that can be found
here.  To anyone who wonders about the "flaming" that goes on here, I can
say that it is just part of the process.  We are all entitled to have
opinions, and luckily Big does an excellent job of keeping the FML
productive.  Thank you again to everyone who has been here for me and my
ferrets over the last couple years.  Dawn