From:
Toni Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 10:32:03 -0500
The day after bringing the new baby, Scout, into the house, Dinky started
getting sick.  She was vomiting and had green slimey poop.  Of course my
first reaction was that the baby had brought home ECE.  This was on Sunday.
By Monday she was totally out of it and I took her to the vet.  He put her
on antibiotics.  I had already started her on Pedialyte and baby food.  She
drank the Pedialyte but wouldn't eat.  After a couple of days of antibiotics
she started feeling better and her poop looked better.  Then I refilled
their food bowl and noticed that the last food Dinky ate was the ferret food
and IAMs. I usually feed her Purina ONE kitten food.  When I bought Scout I
splurged and bought some expensive food.  I discovered that that is what
made Dinky sick.  I'm not sure which one because I mixed the ferret food and
IAMs. However, I had bought her the ferret food before with no trouble.
When she got hungry she would pick out all of the Purina first.  Then when
it was gone she ate the other because she was hungry, but it made her sick.
The baby did not get sick at all.  But now a friend of mine has a very happy
cat with some high class food.  And Dinky is back to her normal playful
self.  Yea!

Ferret Hugs & Kisses,
Toni
Dinky(Scout's sleeping in the food dish again)
Scout(I love to wake up and snack)