From:
"R. Reilly" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 1996 05:46:52 -0500
ently have 6 ferrets, two of whom are "foster ferrets" who will soon be
going back to their real family, now that they have returned from their year
and a half business trip to Australia.  (Long time FMLers may recall the
Garvins plea for someone to mind their little girls while they were away.)
While we are very happy to be returning the little guys safe and sound, I am
anticipating some separation anxiety, on my part, not the fuzzies.  To make
a long story short (too, late, I know) we are looking to get another fuzzy,
and would like to give a good home to a homeless ferret, instead of a
petstore ferret, if possible.  I looked in the faq for shelters in New York,
and found three that are within a (somewhat) reasonable distance from
Woodbury, which is where we live.  They are Capital District Carpet Sharks
(may be a breeder, not a shelter), Woodland Sprite Shelter, and the Little
Thieves Rescue.  Does anyone know anything about any of these places?  I
would just like to know more about a place before I go there, or consider
adopting one of their ferrets.

Thanks,
Gail, Rob, Tigger, Roo, Emmett, Macaroni, Muddy & Dipstick