From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 03:23:04 -0500
Hi Friends- It's ME Blossom!

Well, it has been another BUSY week here at Ferret Wise. All the kids
at our St Gregory's hospice went to see Dr George and to get their
Lupron's etc to be warm & healthy before the snow falls. Dr George
checked out Lucky who has been reluctant to eat ( not that he is losing
a ton of weight mind you), anyway he needs to go back in 2 weeks for
dental cleaning and tooth extractions. He did run a blood panel to rule
out kidney issues and he thinks this will make Lucky boy feel oh so
much better.

Here Nestle and Biscuit saw Dr WInnie on 2 separate days... Nestle has
started to amass some fluids in the lower abdomen-- also he has some
anal issues. Mom is giving him daily warm sitz baths to see if this is
an anal gland issue and he is on amoxy. He rather enjoys the baths and
stands nice as ever in a pail filled waist high then momma dries him
off. Meanwhile the plan is to also start him on low dose of B17 to hold
back the nasties of cancer they found in his surgical pathology. He
will have his Holiday when his presents arrive right after
Thanksgiving-- and I am sure he will share an n bone with me!.

Biscuit was checked over cuz she has lost a little bit of weight
1.5 oiz and still has a skin issue. So the Dr took scrapings & hair
to run more tests, gave Biscuit her lupron shot plus an ivermectin
injection. Momma is also giving her occasional treatments with a scrub
and we hope she will be her perky old self after all the cultures are
done.

Well Momma then did baking ( and hospice Mom Marilyn too) and they sat
at Petco on Sqturday in Keene. They were informed of 2 things- 1- they
could not sell home baked goods anymore at Petco a new rule and 2-
Petco is expecting their holiday Ferret delivery in at the end of this
coming week. Guess what - Momma did not have a lot of celebrating to do
on Saturday. They sold some loafs of Pumpkin bread, coffee cakes
muffins and chocolate brownies... and brought back $69.00 to buy
shelter supplies ( laundry detergent, light bulbs, pellets for the
litter box).

So Momma went digging again and found another Scoozie Pet for ebay
auctions and she is still looking for the treasure that might help keep
things going here at the shelter. It sure must be a lot of work for
her-- but we are happy each day getting our food, soup and hugs. If you
all have an idea how she can manage to pay our light bill, heating
bills, vet and food bills she sure would love to hear from you!

I would like to see her playing with us more and not working so hard!
For those ebay shoppers looking for a great deal for Holiday gifting -
see some of these items this week:

SIlver Scoozie NIB  A low care ferret pet ENDS: Nov-23-06 16:51:12 PST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180052108191

Peeper Sleeper Hammie Gift Set  ENDS: Nov-22-06 10:22:05 PST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180051602485

DEW Sccozie NIB  A second low care ferret pet
ENDS: Nov-24-06 21:33:10 PST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180052585953

Plush ferret puppet NWT  A great teaching toy
ENDS:  Nov-26-06 19:12:26 PST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180053364688

and many magazines, tee shirts matted prints and more at :
http://stores.ebay.com/Creative-Kolor-shop

We hopes there are some neat things you must have :) It would be a
shame if our stocking from Santy paws wasn't full of nbones, foamy
fries and chicken baby food !

I sure hope the woods arrive soon.. Austin tells me momma brings is
smelly branches and the room smells like fresh outdoors that ought to
be such fun.

Oh and before I get side tracked on treats :) DOn't forget to check out
the neat Holiday Raffle - Several shelter friends have pitched into
make this years event fantastic! Tickets can be purchased through
Paypal or via mail.

http://www.earlysunrisefineart.com/page39.html

Good luck! Back to seeing what I can get into without getting caught!

Your friends and shelter spokesferret-- Blossom!
www.ferretwise.org