From:
Janna Reinarz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 09:51:17 -0500
The darkness is a little bit brighter tonight, there's one more star in
the sky...

Einstein passed away last night.  He was four and a half years old.

Wednesday evening we came home to find him listless and shaking.  An x-ray
at the emergency vet revealed a mass in his intestines.  They hydrated him
with subcutaneous fluids and gave him an antibiotic injection.  The next
morning we headed to our regular vet, who operated on him, removing the
mass of hair that was causing the problem.  Einstein came out of surgery as
well as could be expected, and was beginning to eat a little, but in the
end it was all too much for him.

We are going to bury him in a park overlooking the Mississippi, along a low
wall where he played and served as an ambassador for all ferretdom.

You will be missed, buddy.

Janna & Aron Larson
Daisy and Bandit