From:
"Nancy J. Taylor" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 17:14:03 -0400
Hi All!

I just wanted to quickly add my two cents in about the cages and Marshall
Farms debate.;-)

I only keep my ferretkids in a cage when I first bring them home or if they
are sick and need to be confined in order to rest.  I have had ferrets about
15 years and lost one because she ran under my recliner when I was moving
it.  I now no longer have the recliner or any other furniture that has
levers and other harmful parts.  I made carpeted steps so that the ferrets
can get into and out of my (our) bed easily.  I have plugged every hole that
I can find and place the ferrets in the bathroom if I have to do something
that I feel might even be slightly harmful to them.  I know that a place can
never be totally ferret-proofed.  My ferrets enjoy proving that to me.
However, I believe they are happier when they can get total access to me
(except when I am at work).;-) I also closely supervise them.  I am not
saying that cages are wrong by any means.  I am just saying that in my
situation, and my ferrets, it works not to use a cage so much.

Now on to the Marshall Farms debate.  I got my first ferret as a gift from
my sister and brother-in-law.  I was in a no pet apartment that agreed to
let me have the ferret.  Snowball was a Marshall Farms ferret.  Marshall
Farms ferrets were the only ones that were being sold here about 15 years
ago.  If it weren't for MF I might have never known the delight that these
little fuzzies can bring to life.  I am grateful that MF brought ferrets to
my town.

Sorry this was so long.  Thanks Mr. BIG for all of your hard work on this
FML It's a great forum!

Dook, Dook
Nancy and the ferretkids -- Juneau, Yukon, Simba, and Blizzard