From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:05:54 -0600
Happy Holidays to all!

I'll be off email from noon Thursday, Dec. 23, 1999 till 8a.m. Monday,
January 3, 2000.  If anyone needs me please call me at home 785-456-8337.
Also if anyone sees that someone is looking for me, please pass along my
phone number.

Last evening I was cleaning in the kitchen and I heard squealing down in
the basement.  I ran down the steps and found Pumkin picking on K.C.  K.C.
is older and docile and ailing.  I grabbed Pumkin and he grabbed me because
I startled him so.  I was angry because he picked on K.C.  (not because he
grabbed me) and so I screamed.  Boy did that feel good.  Later that evening
when I was cleaning litter boxes, I had my hand on the floor and Pumkin
came up and sniffed around my hand till he found the 'boo boo's' then he
gently turned my hand over and checked the other side (no wounds there),
then turned it back over, sniffed again and very gently licked my hand then
layed over on his back right beside me for me to rub his tummy indicating
I'd forgiven him.

Pumkin knew he bit me and also apologized.  Pumkin doesn't bite me.  I
startled him and he reacted.  It wasn't more than a few tiny marks but he
felt remorse.

Pumkin is very much in-tune to vibrations in our home.  When any of the
ferrets are near the end of their time, Pumkin reacts in this way.  We have
two that are critical and may not be with us much longer.  When they are in
this state, Pumkin is in turmoil and reacts by being a bully to some.
While this is the first time I screamed at him, it certainly seemed to make
an impression.

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services