From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 04:27:49 EST
Hello and very warm special hugs to all  the kids . . .

Needless to say, with all that has been going on, I am suffering from a
rectal-cranial inversion.  Okay - if you need a translation, my head has
been up my @ss.  It has been an extremely grueling period for me.
Hopefully, we are nearing the end (of the problem, not the ferrets).

I have been trying to respond personally to all who have sent well wishes,
condolences, cards, prayers, thoughts, and advice.  I currently have over
125 emails to respond to.  Just in case I miss anyway, thank you all.

I regret to say that when everyone started getting sick, I immediately
dumped all the litter, food, etc.  that could have been tested for any
poisons.  Some of the symptoms that were exhibited were common to any
number of things.  I've learned my lesson to keep samples of things -
just in case.

I think the remaining kids are trying to direct me to an area of concern.
Even though I have dumped all the old wood pellet litter, they will not use
the litter box when there are wood pellets in them.  Some of these kids
ALWAYS used the litter box.  Seeing the piles on the floor reminded me
that, with the exception of Furrice, the others who left either slept in
the litter box or would run their noses or faces through the wood pellets.
Robyn, when you learn more about cedar toxicity and the symptoms, please
let me know.  The wood pellets that were in there when everyone got sick
were not the ones I normally use.  It is possible that they contained cedar
or were treated with some chemical.  Back to paper for me.

I would also like to thank everyone who commented about my stories.  For
those who asked if I was an author - HAH!!!!  I flunked out in english,
chemistry <and I was on a HAZ-MAT TEAM ?>, and science in High School.  At
the same time, this little incident has propelled me into learning more
about chemistry, science, parasitology, and veterinary medicine.  As I
have said before, things happen for a reason - maybe to get me to learn as
much as I can.

JEAN - about fur-angels.  I knew that !!  Wanted to see if anyone else
did !!!

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Critter Crew
~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~
~Cinna~Racer~Dookesbury~

Guardian Fur-Angels -  ~Furrice~Lady~Zeus~Rascal~Socks~Muttley~
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert) and fellow
ferts ~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, ~Max~, ~Romeo~, ~Bandit~, and the other ~Romeo~
Saying "Hey!" to ~Pandora~, ~Noser~ and the rest of the Tennessee Brat
Pack !!
Please see       KITY=^..^=KAT's Fur Faces, Memorial for Zeus
                      http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/zeus.html
Prayers to the ill and those who have gone before us.  Hug your fuzzies
while you can, hold them in your heart when you can't.