Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 18:50:22 -0400
Well, I've been using this litter now for everyone for the last month, and
prior to that it was in use for the oldsters and kits for several months.

Wood pellets or pine pellets are tightly compressed wood - all of the oils
are squeezed out so there are no repiratory problems or dust.  The pieces
are large enough that they are not usually put in the mouth, but go ahead
and take a piece and put it in water - it will dissolve into saw dust.
True, I don't recommend eating the stuff, but it will pass through the
piping of a ferret as well as it is flushable.  Since there is no scent or
flavor (like rabbit pellets), I have never seen a ferret eat this kind of
product, but have seen them eat corn cob, pine shavings and clumping litter,
all of which will clog, I'm sticking to the pine pellets.

My house smells better with this pine pellet litter, and I thought it
smelled fine before.

and for the DC resident looking for pinefresh - Try Feline Pine found at
PetsMart.