Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2008 20:26:34 EDT
My 5 yo Sue developed a swollen abdomen (ascites) but no cause could
be found despite blood tests, physical examination and ultrasound.
Eventually an exploratory operation was carried out and her liver was
found to be completely infiltrated with an hemangiosarcoma ( a blood
cancer). Her liver was 90% black with only a small portion of 1 lobe
still a normal pink color. This was so fragile and on the point of
rupture which would have resulted in her bleeding to death so she was
put to sleep immediately. I am lucky in having a very good vet who
called me into the operating theatre to show me what he had found and
we made the decision together. All this came on very rapidly with Sue
showing no signs of ill health and energetically play fighting with
her companion Sugar only an hour before her operation.

I hope that your Kali has more luck than Sue and can be restored to
full heath.

Tony (not a vet), Sugar and Suki.
In memory of Sally and Sue.