From:
Deborah Cavanaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 23:20:53 EDT
Hi everyone!
For the most part I am lurker and have only posted a time or two.  I have
learned so much from all of you..I think the FML is the best thing to come
about since indoor plumbing!!!

I have been ferret owned for about 3 years now and are on #4,#5,
#6,and #7.  Our lives here are pretty well scheduled ferret-wise, they have
free roam when were home and safety in their room when not.

Usual Sunday a.m.  routine, out from 7 till 9:30,ripping up the house,
breakfast, shower laps and "not" letting Papa sleep in past 7:30!  then we
find anywhere but our room to nap which then I proceed to round them up so
we can go to church.

Running 10 minutes late already, 3 out of the 4 are accounted for and
dreaming happily in the hammy w/fan overhead and the search is on.
Squeakers, rattling of treat bowl, calling names, as the minutes are
ticking by, panic begins to set in, the house is ripped apart, all hidey
holes checked, then the questions, did he get in the basement without you
knowing?  No.  did you go out?

yeah, but he didn't, I would have seen him, or heard his bell.  shake,
rattle, call, whistle, doors flying open,,I cancel church for myself, send
papa on his way, No way was I leaving not knowing where he was.  My teen
stayed with me, he asked where does he like to go?  As he came back home
from the neighbors, a little jingle caught his attention, as he turned
around, a very happy Jagger bounding quickly toward him as if excited
that he had a familiar playmate come to play!!!

He really had no idea what all the kisses were about or why Mommy was
forcing him to drink water (Temp. 86 and climbing) or why she was checking
out my belly, paws,ruffling my fur?

I know that I am very fortunate to have found him outside so quickly, I
hope that readers out there do not think this could never happen to them
because that is exactly what I thought, until today!!!!!  I hope that by my
taking them outside, getting them somewhat familiar with "Home" that this
is how he came to staying in the general area of home.  The time lapse was
probably just about an hour but that was an hour too long!

I hope that someone can learn from my experience, I, for one,
don't want to do a rerun of this, once is more than enough!
hugs and kisses for all your fuzzies and prayers for the homeless, abused and
neglected.
Debbie C.