From:
William Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:37:06 -0400
>From:    jshart <[log in to unmask]>
>
> ... She didn't respond.  I said her name a few times, and then stroked
>her nose a few times.  Nothing.  I told her she was starting to get me
>worried, but in the back of my mind was that I knew she had pulled the
>"dead ferret" trick before, so I didn't panic.  I did, however, wrestle
>open the little side door to reach in for her.  When I touched her fur,
>it was cold.  THEN I panicked & sadly picked up a limp ferret.  Then, as
>my mind became a racing whirlwind of thoughts: could she really be gone,
>what could've happened, how do I tell everyone, what should I do... she
>yawned and looked up at me like, hi mom!  what's all the fuss about?
>
>Shannon

I know this feeling.  Faye did this to me and being deaf no manner of
calling does any good.  When she finally woke up I was so relieved.  She
looked at me like what??  I felt like saying, "are you alright sweetie???"
and when she yawned yes, my next words would have been, "good because
daddy is going to strangle you!!"  Gotta love'm.  :)

Regards,
Hawk & Patrick,
Salem, Faye, Bandit, Bowser and Bailey the ferts
Pyewacket the cat
and Smokey the African Grey

Blessings to all animals great and small and those of us who love and
adore them.