From:
Christina Mearns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 09:18:14 +0200
Hello everyone!

I need some serious help.  I have a 2.5yr old, male MF ferret that is
ill.  Taz has black tar like poops.  He also sometimes throws up a clear
liquid that looks like spit.  He has also lost a lot of weight and is
more sleepy than usual

We were on holiday when this started.  The ferrets were with us (5) and
he is the only one with these symptoms.  We went to the vet my parents
use.  Taz had a blood test which shows that he has hepatitis and liver
problems.  He was put on a drip (having been knocked out) and was also
given antibiotics.  The following day he ate a little mushy food and was
on a drip again.  This time with us holding him.  We got home on Sunday
evening and yesterday morning we went to our vets.  Our usual vet is back
tomorrow but left instructions.  We have to go back again this evening
for more antibiotics.

Can anyone help?  The vet in Italy (where we were on holiday) seems to
think that he may have some sort of gastric flu.

Thank you in advance,
Christina and Taz