From:
Caitlyn Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:21:38 -0500
Hi, Wolfy,

>In any case, would anyone know what the rate for reaction is to fervac?
>And even what about the rabies vaccine, just out of curiousity?

I don't know what the rate it, but it does happen with the rabies
vaccine.  I've had two anaphylactic reactions in my ferrets, both from
the rabies vaccine.  Podo vomited, his gums, nose, paw pads, etc...
turned bright red, his face and head swelled, and he had difficulty
breathing almost immediately.  He also went about limp.  Nyssa didn't
have the swelling, but she just plain collapsed and seemed to be
unconscious.

Anaphylactic reactions are *very scary*, can be life threatening, and
usually happen very quickly after the vaccination.

Regards,
Caity