"First annewilli:Last" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 00:08:17 -0500
Is there such a thing as ferret alzheimer's?  Tasrat is 6.5 years old and
is exhibiting signs of mental loss.  I think she's gone blind as well.
It's hard to tell, since she's never really been the very model of grace
and poise!  One of the behaviors in question is that she'll run to the
middle of the room, suddenly stop and stare off into space.  She'll stay
this way until I speak to her or another weasel noses her.  Then she jumps
as if startled, shakes her head a little and continues on her run of "Very
Important Things To Do".  Is this just a weird ferret thing?

Also, I have a 7mo. old  MF male named Joe that is humongous!  At our last
vet visit he weighed 3.5lbs, and I'm sure he's gained at least another
pound since then.  I've never had a male before Joe.  How big is too big?
Compared to my little girls, he has rolls of fat!  Is this just a guy
thing?  Joe doesn't really like sweets or treats.  He doesn't like
Ferretone or Nutrical (how do you do ferret maintenance if they don't like
treats?!), so I can't cut out the treats.  He pretty much just eats the
Iams kitten food.  What to do with a chunky weenie rat?

Wessi & the Weenie Rats:
Tasrat the Emergency Backup Ferret
Miesa  (the Princess)
Sloppy Joe- Huh?  Me...? What 're we doin'?
(With Goose the Original Rat, waiting at the Bridge)