Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 20:32:07 EDT
I am not too sure whether to send this or not.  I have 3 people writing
that they are on welfare and that I was writing about them when I gave my
own personal reasons about why me, myself, and I would not give money to
a stranger.  I don't know if this is a joke of some kind or not.

But if 3 people are getting money from FML to pay for vet bills which
allows them to pay for and bring in another ferret while on the pittance
welfare pays, you are doing these people and the animals a great disservice
in my opinion.  I do know what I am talking about.  Around here, Welfare
payments leave one in a bad area in squalid conditions trying to support a
child or children and mom.  There is no money to care for pets guys.  There
just is not.

Before sending money to a vet, if you are going to give, you might send a
letter to the vet and ask what animal the money is needed for and just how
many animals this person has.  Get an e-mail or letter back with the vets
letter head so you know they are a vet, and know how much money is needed
for what animal, what is wrong, and if person has been giving distemper
shots and exams, etc.  This thing sounds like either a joke or a scam.

I am having major problems with Compuserve-as usual- and may switch over
to another service.  So I may not be up and running for a while.  I don't
know.  All I have functioning is e-mail.

Thank you  for all you guys have taught me and helped me with.

Be careful out there.
Lisette