From:
Lisa Whittleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:35:56 -0700
Hi,

My male ferret just turned 3 and recently I noticed that when he urinates
(on the linoleum when he misses the litter box of course), the urine
dries out and crystalizes.  What could be causing this?  Could there be
sugar in his urine that makes it crystalize?  I have head of diabetes in
ferrets but I have read that this is very uncommon.  Everything else with
him is fine.  He is putting on a bit of weight but so is my other ferret
and they both normally do for the winter anyway.  He may be less
energetic but I could jsut be reading into it and looking for something.
He eats and drinks fine, plays, runs around, climbs, steals... all
ferrety things.  Could anyone shed some light on this?  I am getting
concerned...

Lisa, Bentley and Cinnamon
PS.  Can you please respond directly to my email?  Thank you!