From:
Adrienne Boerger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 16:14:43 -0400
I could really use some advice.  I never thought I would have to worry about
this but there is a possibility I will have to move to Califbanaweaselornia
within the year.  I am a graduate student in New England and my boss is
thinking of moving to U.C.  San Diego by next Fall.  I am 25 years old and
my husband has a steady marketing job here.  We own a condo and we have two
ferrets.  Due to allergies, I have never owned a pet.  When I discovered
ferrets about six months ago and did a lot of reading about them, I decided
that would be the perfect pet for me.  Now I have two.  Every day I look
forward to going home to them.  I love them.  I can't even imagine giving up
my very first pets regardless of who took them.  I want to watch them "grow
up" and it would ruin me to have to give them away.  If I don't move with my
boss it would probably take me much longer to finish my Ph.D.  and I would
have very little guidance.  Maybe I would be better off that way, but I
don't know.

So, what is the status of the laws in CA?  Is there any possibility they
will be changed?  Does anyone know how the authorities treat ferrets in the
San Diego area?  Also, if I rent instead of buying a new home, wouldn't
there be a good chance the landlord would report me?

What do I do????

Thanks for your support.  I've learned a lot on this list.

- Adrienne