From:
Deborah Bistodeau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 02:30:18 EST
Everyone, I need a HUGE HELP in getting me to find a doctor that is able
to do the amputation of the ferret's leg from knee and below asap.  I've
been to many clinics and spent so much money and cannot find anyone that
feels confident enough to go into this kind of surgery.  They've done to
cats, dogs, and others, but not willing to do ferrets.  I'm still in
attempts to reach two of my best ferret vet experts right now to see if
they're able to do this kind of surgery.  Everyone else just doesn't have
the confidence to do this kind of surgery even thogh they've done others
and I'm frustrated.  My ferret, Sapphire, is doing great - eating,
drinking and everything normal.  She just has this leg that has been a
confirmed progressive infection and it needed to be amputated.  It was
the worst critical infection I've had in all my years of helping ferrets.
She is still healthy, but she will not have much time because the
infection is eating through her skin, nerves and msucles to the bone
anytime now so it needs to be cut asap in order to prevent from having an
enormous amount of infection spreading throughout her body.  She's hanging
in there with the strong antibotics to keep it down only on a short term
until she has this surgery done.  I'd be darned if Sapphire dies just
because no one was willing to take a chance on her and save her life over
something that can be preventable.  Right now, she is having a very
intensive monitoring from myself and going to work with me in order for
me to change dressings and keep her stablized for the time being.

For the first time in years, I'm very scared for this kid.  I'm willing to
possibly drive any distance inside or outside of Minnesota to save her.
I'm willing to talk to any vet doctors that is experienced with ferrets
at any time.

THANK YOU.
April and Deb
MN Wardancers Ranch and Rescue