From:
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:19:05 EDT
Well I was surprised to see Robin's e mail yesterday.  I asked her to post
what was going on here at the shelter, I haven't posted for a while and I
just wanted everyone to know that I'm still here but very busy.  I will
know about a house to lease this week, I have it they just need to fix
the electrical before I can sign the lease.

Also its been very busy with ferrets comming in.

I asked her to tell you about Slim, I will post more later but I still
can't talk or write about it yet, I'm starting to cry again now.

I was surprised to see her ask everyone if they could help out with
sending a buck or two.  I did not expect that.  I was hoping to get some
physical support from the e mail!

I really need you Vegas folks to try to give some time to the shelter.
So many of the new kids are skinny, filthy and had no love in their last
homes.  I need help at the adoption center and at the house.  And could
use a hand when I have to move.

My vet just changed clinics and everything there is more expensive, and I
pay as I go, so I'll be putting up some very nice items, hand made, ferret
items, one of a kind to help with vert bills and ADV testing, I have done
a few but really neeed to do everyone.  So I'm hoping to raise enough to
do it all.  I need help with swabbing mouths and sending in the ADV tests,
baths, nails, cage cleaning, adoptions.  And a few temp foster homes.  We
need to fatten up a few of these guys!  They are comming in looking like
stick figures.  Yes the vet bills are getting paid but nothing else, in
case your wondering!

Anyway i'm very tired and emotionally worn out and need to take care of
the kids before I go to work.

Thank you to everyone who has send items and donations in the past few
months, I have not forgotten you, please understand I do all this alone
and its really hard right now.

good news is Annie Bones will have her pic up on my website as soon as I
can get with the program.  She is a fat little cow right now.

robin, thanks for being such a good friend, and tell the ferrets there to
quit telling their friends to have their owners bring them to me, lol!

Take care,
Cj
24 Carat ferret Rescue And Shelter
Missing Slim Shady.......