Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 20:05:38 EDT
My 6 1/2 year old girl Zoey left for the bridge on 3/11/04.  Zoey had
surgery in Feb for removal of her spleen and a tumor that was inside it.
She developed ulcers after surgery and two weeks later she went into
acute renal failure with seizures.  There was not much we could do and
what was done did not help so the decision was made to help her cross
the bridge.

Zoey came to me with her best buddy Wriggley 4 years ago from Julie
Fossa.  Zoey and Wriggs were inseparable, they played, slept, ate
together.  We lost Wriggs in Aug 2002 and Zoey was a loner after that
even though I have other ferrets.  She never got along with any of them.
I even tried to find her a buddy at Julie's shelter but she was having
none of that, so, I accepted her choice.  Zoey was a "one ferret" ferret.
But she adjusted fairly well to life without Wriggley.  She was an
independent girl, doing her own thing, inspite of being blind secondary
to retinal degeneration which happened within a few months after Wriggs
crossing.  She was like those little cars that bump into walls and turn
and go in another direction.  I admired her spirit.  One of the techs at
my vet's office said she was her favorite because of her ferratude.  I
miss her a lot but I can picture her with Wriggley, running and dooking
and seeing once again.

Sandee, please make sure she found Wriggley, though I can't imagine he
wasn't there waiting for her.  Also at the Bridge are Jillian, Cinnamon,
Sabrina and Pepper.  Let me know how they are doing.  I miss them all.

Ann