From:
Urban Fredriksson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1993 13:20:53 -0500
Could someone please point me to a European study of rabies in
ferrets? New laws in Sweden will abolish the quarantine regulations
for dogs and cats, ferrets are -- as expected -- not mentioned.

Dogs and cats can be vaccinated, and if the test OK four months
later, get a certificate that permits them to be brought into
the country. This means our rules are slightly stricter than
that of some neighbouring countries, and now I'd like to know
if there's been made similar studies that would allow ferrets
to be treated the same.

I'm not about to take mine travelling or import breeding animals,
but in the unlikely case rabies were to occur in Sweden, I'm
quite sure pets who can -- and are -- vaccinated and certified
will be treated different from those that aren't.
--
 Urban Fredriksson  [log in to unmask]