Date:
Sun, 12 May 1996 01:16:19 EDT
Hello all at the FML!  This is Sabrina.  You may recall a few weeks ago we
were looking for some ferrets to adopt.  In the same FML issue, a guy named
Todd had some ferrets he needed to find a home for.  Many of you nice people
wrote and told me about him; apparently he got quite a few notes which told
him about us.  Thank you all for your matchmaking!  :-) We went over and met
him and "The Boys" the following night, and everyone seemed to get along
fine.  Arrangements were made for me to pick them up on Saturday morning,
which I happily did.  I did feel bad for Todd, who had been told by his
apartment managers that he could not keep his sweet boys, but, although he
was (of course) quite upset in his loss, to his credit, his main concern was
to see that they had a good home.  We are certainly glad he had faith in us.
I must admit that at first I thought I only wanted one or two, but when I
saw how well they all got along, and that they shared their large cage
peacefully, (and thankfully and surprisingly to me, with little odor!), I
couldn't help but fall in love with the whole family.  Jeff, my S.O., feels
the same way.  We have had them for about a week now and it seems we have
all bonded to each other.

Their names are, Kylan (the sweetest, cuddliest, smallest one at about 2.5
lbs); Pippin (the one who's last name is "Nippintoe"-weighs about 3.25 lbs);
[These two ferts were Todd's original pets, which he had for about a year
and a half.] Minx (which actually means, bold, lively, flirtatious
woman--oh, well-also weighs about 3.25 lbs); and Bear (the largest, at about
3.75 lbs, and the alpha male).

They are all Marshall Farms sables, and they eat Iam's kitten food.  They
don't seem to care much for raisins, but love Laxatone, and just today they
went wild over the first banana pieces I gave them.  (OK, maybe it's not
great for their teeth, but we all need a treat every once in a while-and
besides, they *do* eat dry food, so...)

We let them out of their cage about 3 times a day for at least an hour or
so, in our (blocked off/towel-stuffed under the door) bedroom (where they
live).  We have a walk-in shower which they love to pad around in on the wet
floor.  Some of our corners have been officially "christened," so I guess
they've adopted us, too.

Anyway, thanks too all, and I'll be posting of our adventures soon...

Sabrina, Jeff, Eric, James, Katie (people part of family)
Kylan, Pippin, Minx, Bear (ferret part of family)