From:
Sharon Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Dec 2001 18:28:16 EST
Merry Christmas everyone!

My 10-month old male has not been eating very much lately.  First I though
it was because he had a cold, so I didn't worry.  Then I thought he was
blocked so I gave him Nutrical and Laxatone, which gave him loose poops.
All along he has been taking treats, nutrical and ferretone, but not
enough to make him not eat his food.  Today I held him on my lap and hand
fed him and he ate some, but not much.

A couple of days ago I took in a neglected (garage) ferret; a female Rocky
met once before.  I don't know if I will keep her but she is skin and
bones and scared, and I will at least try to fatten her up and let her get
exercise.  Rocky likes her but she doesn't seem to like him.  Their one
encounter (2 days ago) resulting in screaming and neck biting--she was
biting him.  He's very very sweet natured and she is kind of psycho, so I
haven't let them out together again, though their cages are next to each
other.  Could he be depressed because of the attention I'm giving her?
Could that be why he's not eating?  He seems to play and run and sleep
normally.  But not eating, thus not pooping much.  Does he need to see a
vet?  (I hope not because the vet in NYC is very expensive).

Also, would still like to meet other fuzzie lovers in NEw York.  Is
everyone too paranoid because of the ferret ban?

I would also like some recommendations for shelters in the NJ, PA area
(preferably en route from NYC to Philadelphia), in case I don't keep the
little girl.

Thanks to all.

Sharon, Rocky & Seal