From:
Greeter 421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 2009 21:41:48 -0500
Oliver and No. 421 were cleaning out their spare room when there was
a knock on the door.

"Hi Bluebird," No. 421 said. "What brings you out so early on such a
chilly day?

"I have a very special request for you," Bluebird said. "A sweet little
ferret girl named Dagmar is crossing and she is the sister of Cole,
Skye, Reagan and Wicked. She just missed her brothers so much she
decided to join them here. It is your job to round them up and see
that they are united."

No. 421 looked at the list. Then he read the note from Skye.

Dear No. 421, could you arrange with the Boss for Dagmar to live with
all of us boys? She was a bossy sort at home, but we all miss her
terribly. She kept us all in line, so we hardly ever got into trouble,
and she took care of the place. Would you see what you could do for all
of us? Skye

No. 421 called Oliver and told him to stop his cleaning and go down to
the Meadow of Dreams and find Cole, Reagan, and Wicked.

"Tell them that Dagmar will be here and they need to fix up a room for
her," No. 421 said. "I have to go up to the Big House and see the Boss
about her living arrangements. After you find her family, I want you to
go to the Rainbow Bridge and wait there incase she crosses before I get
back."

Oliver went down to the Meadow of Dreams and found the mound he was
looking for. It was typical batchelders' quarters, and he stepped
carefully as he walked in the door. Cole came out of the kitchen and
Oliver told him about Dagmar.

"Oh oh" Cole said. "We better get this place cleaned up if she is
coming here. Hey Oliver -- thanks for the warning."

Oliver said good-by and rushed up to the Bridge. He was just sitting
down in No. 421's chair when he heard the boards creak. A beautiful
little ferret girl was walking slowly across the planks.

"Hello there," Oliver said. "Would you be Dagmar?"

"Yes, I'm Dagmar," the girl ferret said. "Where am I and how did I get
here?"

Trying to sound his very best, Oliver said, "My name is Oliver and I am
the currier for No. 421. You are here at the Rainbow Bridge because you
were sick and you missed your brudders. I was told to wait here until
you arrived and just talk with you until my boss comes back."

"Oliver," Dagmar said. "Could I tell my Mommy Maren something? I was
thinking about it just before I went to sleep. I want her to know that
I am here and that I loved her all the time, but just could not show
it. She was a good Mommy and I miss her."

"Sure, I'll call Shooting Star," Oliver said. "She takes messages back
to earth for us."

Shooting Star came over and she wrapped one pointed arm around little
Dagmar's shoulders. "I'll tell your Mom you loved her and you miss
her," Shooting Star said. "I'll send her a kiss on Gentle Breeze
tonight. Okay?" Shooting Star gave Dagmar a hug and turned to go. Two
ferrets coming at a full run up the hill almost knocked the little star
over.

"Sorry ma'am" Reagan said. "We is in a hurry to see our sister. She is
coming over today, and we has a room all fixed for her. Cole, our other
brudder, is home doing last weeks dishes so the place will look good."

Just then, No. 421 arrived with Dagmar's ticket and a big smile on
his whiskered face.

Taking her tiny paw in his big one, he told her that as soon as her
brothers arrived, she could go home with them. She would never be
alone again and she could wait for Mommy Maren with her family.

"We're here, we're here," Wicked shouted. "Hey Dagmar, that you? Now
we are all here. Cole couldn't come up, he ah, was busy at home, so we
came instead, and we want you to come and cook supper at -er -- what I
mean is, ah - eat supper at our house."

"Dagmar rushed over to Reagan and Wicked and the two boys started
dooking all at once. Dagmar stamped her tiny foot and the boys stood
still and just looked.

"Where is Cole?" Dagmar wanted to know.

"He's at home, waiting to meet you," Wicked said. "Come on, we need to
get supper started."

Dagmar thanked No. 421 for all his help and waved to Shooting Star.
The three ferrets started down the path to their mound. Cole was just
hanging the dishtowel up to dry when they arrived and Dagmar rushed
into his waiting paws. She hugged him and said she was happy to be
with him again.

At supper that night, Dagmar told Skye how proud his Mom Maren was of
him, and that Reagan would always be her sweet Silver. Cole would be
Dagmar's protector if she ever needed one, and now that she was here,
she would keep Wicked from getting into trouble.

Back in his cabin, No. 421 wrote in his logbook, Mission Completed,
the ferret family of Mommy Maren was all-together again at the Bridge.
Oliver put a few more drops of ferretone seasoning into the soup, and
the two friends sat down to their supper.