From:
Washington Filho-Brasil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 01:54:50 EDT
I`m Washington, from Brazil.  I`m ver depressed.  Last Sunday my ferret
escaped into the kitchen and got under the cupboard.  Behind the cupboard
there are holes on the wall for ventilation.  Kika fell down from the
second floor.  I only found her when I got home two hours later.  She was
in the garage , hiding in a corner.  Luckily I found her before any other
tenant drove back home.  I took her in my arms and rushed off to the
nearest vet.  She can`t move her back paws, although she feels them.  She
only moves around by dragging herself.  Her front paws are Ok.  She`s
still at the clinic.  The X-ray doesn`t show any damage to her spine
except for a minor lesion in her vertebra.  The vet told me that he
thinks she will get better but it takes some times.  She`s already trying
to stand up using her hind legs.

Anyone had a similar problems with their ferrets?  Any suggestions ?

Thanks, and please keep your fingers crossed for Kika!