From:
kat parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 05:31:25 -0700
hey, everyone...

after a long battle with cardiomyopathy, insulinoma, and adrenal,
AngelGirl is finally free...

We had hoped she would choose friday night to leave us...she was surely
ready...[we knew we had to be gone all day saturday, and would not be
able to be with her]..but she chose not to...

Saturday morning came...she was still here...she was still struggling to
breathe...we called the vet that was near where we had to be...but he
was not there...another vet was...and he kindly informed us that he was
not too familiar with ferrets...so i opted not to take the chance on a
botched euthanization...[i have heard too many horror stories!]...and i
could have taken her where i was going...but she would not have been able
to be WITH us...she would have had to be in a strange place...alone...and
we decided that she would be happier at home with her family of ferrets
[of which all of the boys kept laying on top of her to keep her warm...
she had been cool to the touch for the last day]...anyway...we left her
at home in familiar surroundings with her furry family...

we got home about 7, i think...she was still with us...so we brought her
out and tommy tried to hold her...she did not want him to, i guess, odd,
since she was always a daddy's girl...anyway...i came out from changing
my clothes and picked her up in my blanket and she laid on my chest and
looked at me...reached her little head up a few times for me to kiss her
little nose...then after a while she started squiggling to get down...to
go be with her brothers and sister...so i took her in there...laid her on
the floor...[by this time she could not walk...just lurch and stagger...
but she had to do things her way...this was about 7:40 p.m....a few
minutes later tommy looked in to check on her...she had gone to lay with
her sister and brothers...at 7:50 i went in to check on her...she had
crawled to the other side of the room...into the cage in her sleepsack...
and gone to sleep forever...so...she left us about 7:45 p.m. on June
25th...

i guess she needed to wait for us to be with her before she would go...

Thank you, Paula, for allowing us to love and care for Jack-A-Bear and
Angel and Sassy...i can't believe we got them so many years ago...we
have loved them dearly...all we have left of the 3 now is Sassy...

AngelGirl is at the bridge with her Jack and with Holly and Cally and
Snow and Princess, and Sir Lancelot...and i do not remember who else was
her friend that has already gone...

we will miss our baby who curled up at our feet looking up at us like an
otter...so cute...it made your heart smile every time you saw her...

kat and tommy

Fuzzy Hugs & Whiskered Kisses...from The "Crochet-ty" Lady...
Main Page ... http://ferretlover97.terrabox.com/index2.html
Happenings Page ... http://ferretlover97.terrabox.com/
My Sleepsacks ... http://ferretlover97.terrabox.com/sleepsack.html
My Afghans ... http://ferretlover97.terrabox.com/afghan.html