From:
Virginia Vaughn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 08:55:40 -0700
Hi All!! I'm new to the list and this is my first post.

My name is Gin and my hubby and I got our first ferret back in October.
He's 5 months old now and his name is Foxey.  After awhile, we discovered
that he desperately needed a playmate!!  We took him to a local place that
was adopting out a couple of their ferrets.  He seemed to get along with
one of them very well, so we adopted a 2nd ferret.  We named him Cinnamon.
We have had him about a month now and he is a year old.

About a week or so after we got Cinnamon he became sick.  He swallowed
something and got a very little bit of bleeding in his intestines, so we
took him to the vet and got him his medication.  But ever since he became
sick, it seems Foxey has become mean to him.  Cinnamon became more
"laid-back" and sleeps alot.  He loves to sleep under anything that isn't
tied down!  He even sleeps under our comforter on our bed!  And we let him
stay out at night because he basically sleeps thru the night in our bed
under that comforter, usually by my side.  He's just so happy there!!  =)

Anyway, back to Foxey.  He tends to bite Cinnamon alot more than he did.
It's not just on the back of his neck or in play, at least it doesn't seem
like it's in play.  I've seen Foxey bite his ear and even his face.  He
won't let Cinnamon sleep, he's always finding where Cinnamon is sleeping
and bites him.  There are times that Cinnamon will let Foxey know under no
uncertain terms that he's had enough of him tho! =)  Is Foxey just trying
to get Cinnamon out of his rut or is he maybe jealous of Cinnamon for all
the attention he got while he was sick or am I just worrying too much?
Either way, how can I get Foxey to stop biting Cinnamon in sensative
places, like his face or ears?  And just for the record, how many hours a
day do fuzzies generally sleep?  I've been told anything from 12 to 20
hours a day, even when completely healthy.  I just want to be sure Cinnamon
isn't sleeping way too long.

Still learning the ins and outs of fuzzy life,
Gin