From:
Dee gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Dec 2006 21:11:09 -0800
On behalf of the ferrets that were on the Ferret Giving Tree: Frodo,
Diddle, Des, Daisy, Cleo, Brandie, Bandit, Gavin, Slick, Harper,
Gracie, Toby, Trevor & Weezy, I'd like to publicly say THANK YOU to
the wonderful people who opened their hearts to these sweet ferrets
this Christmas.

You know who you are.

I am extremely humbled by and grateful for your thoughtfulness,
kindness and consideration.

New bedding went in today. Beautiful bedding. I made the rounds before
getting on line and writing this note; and everyone's snuggled up tight
and comfy. So cute.

I also spent most of the day, along with 3 volunteers (Al, Gail and
Gwen) moving the Sales Room to another part of the house & turning that
room into a Hospice Room. We also moved cages from downstairs to the
garage where they're easier to display. So now there are cages and wood
pellets where a car should be. My car was destined to stay outside this
winter anyway.

Six of the McFarlane Ferrets are here now with Larry's blessing. If
anyone is interested keeping Rebecca's memory alive by sponsoring any
of these ferrets, I'd be honored. Julie Fossa has written in the recent
past about Tweeter, Pork Chop, Peaball, George, Spike and Autumn.
George is the character out of the six. He doesn't let any grass grow
under his feet. He mastered how to jump out of the playpen. I watched
him ...... brilliant little ferret. Tweeter is the most fragile one.

Five of the rescues here went to new homes yesterday. A Trio (Larry,
Moe & Curly Sue) went to a great home as did a Pair (Igby & Aly). Both
families who adopted had been grieving the losses of their beloved pets
and finally reached the point they were ready to open their hearts and
have ferrets back into their lives once again. Good matches.

Happy Holidays, Everyone, from me and the ferrets from the West
Michigan Ferret Connection.

Dee (along with Indy, Cocoa & Buddha)
West Michigan Ferret Connection

Dee Gage
owner/operator, West Michigan Ferret Connection
co-founder, Midwest Ferret Fellowship
member, State of Michigan Dept of Agriculture Companion Animal Advisory
Committee