From:
Andrew Coghill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 21:40:50 -0500
Hi, All...

Just dropping a note to let you know that Bob's histology came ack and it
is not very good.  He had a large mass removed from his abdomen last week
-- it had grown quickly and surprised us very much.  They said that they
had gotten it all and we were feeling pretty good about everything until
today.

The vet said that it came back as an "undifferentiated adenocarcinoma."
She said, basically, that that means that the cells were so abnormal that
they could not tell from where in his body they had originated.  He has an
extremely high chance for rapid recurrence -- he'd likely be in for
another operation every 1-2 months -- and metasticization.  We've made the
decision not to pursue further treatment (unless of course someone who has
experience with this can shed further light on the matter) and keep him
happy as long as possible.

This is breaking my heart.

I'll keep people updated periodically.

Meanwhile, go visit Bob at http://www.fuzzycentral.com/contest.asp

--Andy, Cody, Oscar, Witzy, and Tripod Bob