From:
Katie Lee Bottom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 20:47:54 EST
I got my first baby.  She is a silver.  She is eight weeks old.  A MF
ferret.  SHe doesn't have a name yet.  So far she hasn't cried for the
other ferrets.  Actually the only sound she makes is a soft squeak that
you have to really close to her to hear.

She hasn't eaten anything yet and I'm getting a little worried.  I got her
8in1 Ferret Food Blend.  I don't even think she tried it.  Any advice?

She has aspen bedding.  Is this an ok choice?; it's what my birds use for
a nest.

I'm going to clip her nails tomorrow.  She stratches pretty good now.

But I have a question.  Both her collar and her harness are at their
smallest size and she just slips out.  Is there anything I can do about
this or do I just have to wait for her to grow?

Both of my dogs (a 3 yr old Blue tick hound, Millie, and a 9 month old
lab & spaniel mix, Sam) have already introduced themselves.  My mom's dog
(the blue tick) has been sitting outside the cage all day.  Both dogs are
scared of her.  Millie will come around by tomorrow but Sam shares a room
with me and now my baby.  Sam tries to eat my birds so I hope they can get
along.  Otherwise Sam may have to move in with my mom.

Sorry this is so long but I'm so happy.  I wait and researched this for
5 months.  Now I finally have her.  Thanks to everyone who answered my
questions.

Katie Lee & the unnamed fuzzie