From:
Rosie Maronese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 23:40:13 -0700
Hi guys, I just want to appologize to all.  I know I have been on this
board for a while now and I guess I should have questioned some of these
short forms that I see alot of you using.  Tears are in my eyes as I am
typing this now because I am so embarrassed at what I have done.  I just
signed up with another ferret site and they happen to show a list of short
forms that people frequently use, one of them is BTW and LOL that I see
alot of.  Now BTW I have never been able to figure out for the life of me
what that stood for, now I know "by the way".  Ok, now LOL I don't know
why but I took it as "lots of love" and I have just found out that it
stands for "laughing out loud".

Now, can you image what people must think of me when I happen to be
e-mailing them especially about a sick fuzzy or one that has passed away
and I use LOL thinking it means lots of love, when it actually means
laughing out loud.  Anyone who I have written to using LOL and sees this
post, please forgive me for my stupidity because I meant lots of love and
not what it really means laughing out loud.  (I don't use it always either)
I am going to make sure that I am more careful now when I post and if I'm
not sure of a short form that I happen to see, then I will post on the
board to ask what it means before using it myself.  I will post this at
all sites I have joined.

Hugs,
Rosie