From:
Jason Kryska and Cheryl Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 01:30:15 -0800
Hi there, I just wanted to post a hello to the group as Im new around
here.

Ive been lurking for a week or so, just reading posts and pondering what I
should say in my first post, so here it goes..

Im am married and the Mother of two teen boys, one just starting
highschool and the other just finishing highschool while living with my
mother.  Our house hold has been rapidly growing since we moved from a
local island to the mainland of BC Canada, 6 months ago.  Having moved
with 3 cats, (Fergus, Angus, and Loki) we then adopted two hedgehogs 4
months after we moved.  In the last two months though, our household has
grew dramatically.

Just before Christmas a freind who works in the local pet store showed us
a couple ferret kits they had for sale.  I wanted one almost immidiately
of course, but resigned myself to doing some research and getting to know
more about these sweet energetic littl fuzzies before adding one to my
family.  Needless to say Im here because I feel absolutely in love.  We
decided to adopt two from our local Ferret's First Shelter here in BC, and
while waiting for the new year to come, we were wandering pet shops and
there was our Jack.

Jack is a marshall's ferret, with funny teeth.  He will be possibly
needing some dental work done, but after seeing a dental specialtist, he
says that we should wait and see, and just brush his teeth and make clean
the small holes/grooves that are now within his upper lip.  (Imagine a pug
dog, and how their lower jaw is longer then their upper, that is what our
Jack has) Of course this was great news, and once our Jack met his two
older brothers to be, (the adopties) there were three.  Our big boys are
named Otto and Max, Otto being a very big boy with a heart of gold, and
Max being the most mischievious little theif, who delights in hiding all
his treats or attacking socks, (as long as they are on your feet, after
all, they move then ;) It doesnt stop there though.  After talking to
Mashalls about Jack's problem, they offered to reinburse me for his cost,
pay his medical bills up to the cost we paid for him, or give us another
ferret, sweet deal we figured!  The more the merrier!  While arranging
this though, another wander through our nearby pet shop brought home to
live with us the most shy and sweet little mitt girl, by the name of
Belle.  Bell is deaf, but adores playing with Jack, (they are so fun to
watch playing!!) she is a chatty little girl, which is a delight for me
as she will lay on my chest and chatter away with me between giving lots
and lots of ferret kisses!!!  Again one I have it confirmed from our vet,
I shall be calling Marshalls, this time to ask for a financial refund, as
this is a genetic flaw, which the garentee against.  Now, that makes 4,
but that isnt quite where our story ends ;) We are happily looking forward
to picking out our free ferret from Marshalls tomorrow!  Our big boys are
taking absolutely wonderful to the kids, they are great teachers and very
gentle, so I have no fear that a 5th will be a problem.

Lastly, well, I guess I cant forget our other inhabitant in this very
busy one bed room apartment.  The last is an easy going guy by the name
of Floyd.  Floyd keeps folks company in the bathroom, he is our Fighting
fish.

Well, I think that is long enough for now, so hello to all from

Cheryl and Jason and Nick
Otto, Max, Jack, and Belle
Angus, Fergus, and Loki
Dudley and Dotti