From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2008 19:48:42 -0800
Dear All,

On another forum where this is being discussed, I asked if any web
savvy folks could put up a US map where we could start pin pointing
cases of this new super bug/suspected mutant ECE. There's a chance that
if we see all the cases, we might even be able to realize a common
denominator as to what or where the point of contact was. Also, by
illustrating where the outbreaks are, we can be more vigilant with our
personal and professional practices and work towards containing this
bug and minimizing further outbreaks.

Stephanie Richmond was quick to answer the call for help. For anyone
that has a case, please write her at [log in to unmask] and supply
your town and state.

The map is up,
<http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=117678708651626846782.00045e853ac0ba00bed11>
and there already are 3 locations identified with a blue balloon, as
well as on the left, the names of the towns. Also, there is an area
for comments. Feel free to list there any clinics, pet stores, shows,
etc that you visited during the time prior to your outbreak.

Thank you Steph for working this very important part of the puzzle for
us.

My heart goes out to all that have lost ferrets and are struggling with
those infected.

Affectionately,
Barb Clay
Dir of Shelter Affairs for Rocky's