From:
James & Susan Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 1997 18:57:37 -0400
This July 2 we received confirmation that we've been offered great job
opportunities in Australia.  On July 21, we're boarding the plane to
Queensland.  The worst part of this is that it's prohibited to bring ferrets
to Australia due to strict quarantine laws.  We are consequently desperately
in search of a good home for our two ferrets - ideally someone who has (or
has had) ferrets and perhaps even a ferret room.

Our two ferrets are brother and sister - cinammon and sable respectively in
colouring - and are both 2.5 years old and in excellent health
(neutered/spayed and descented too of course).  They are both very
interactive, and we let them romp around for an hour in the morning (while
we get ready for work) and for another hour or longer after work (while we
unwind).  They are quite pampered and have a huge cage, two-floor pet taxi
and several ferret sleeping bags as well as other toys/accessories.

We don't want any money for our ferrets, but we do want to make sure they go
to a good home where we know they will be well cared for.  We prefer people
who are experienced with ferrets and able to tolerate sock-biting
tendencies.  Our ferrets have been described as very "rambunctious" - they
still wrestle like crazy and do the "war dance" frequently - so they are
still very energetic.  We never get bitten or nipped (except when we invite
it by having socks on), but people unfamiliar with ferrets and handling them
are liable to find a stray tooth.  I guess this is why we really want
experienced ferret people to take them - they have gotten used to being
played with every day and the thought of them being relegated to a cage is
just horrible.

If you are (or someone you know is) interested, PLEASE reply via e-mail
([log in to unmask]) or call James/Susan at (613) 235-2905.  We're in Ottawa,
Ontario (Canada); people in upstate New York might also be interested as our
ferrets have had all their annual distemper and rabies shots.

We are physically moving out of our apartment this Saturday, but will be in
transit to Toronto if anyone there is seriously interested (we would prefer
not to subject them to that journey for nothing though).

Anxiously awaiting word from prospective adoptive parents,

P.S. Our home page has a few photos of them...

Susan & James Kramer ([log in to unmask])
Ottawa, Canada
www.igs.net/~kramer/