Date:
Thu, 5 May 2011 08:01:37 -0500
Hi Wolfy and everyone,

Mine do this regularly. It started with a little girl about 5 years ago
when she'd push anything she could to use as a launching pad to clear
the 3.5' high plexiglass barrier in her door. She was the only girl I
had do that.

Now I have 4-5 Marshall's wire playpens hooked together in our attached
garage to form a 18' round ferret domain. I have seen two ferrets work
in tandem to move their kitty furniture over to the edge to use it to
jump out. If no furniture is in the playpen, they will pull the wire
panels in towards the center of the play pen so they can launch
themselves from the big nesting boxes they have. You can actually watch
them climb on top of the boxes, gauge the distance, get down, pull the
panels closer, recheck the distance and repeat this until they know
they can clear the panels!

And lastly I have one little girl, Missy who I think is part kangaroo.
The Marshall's playpens have three horizontal bars, one on the bottom,
one in the middle and one on the top of each panel. I've watched Missy
walk over, get her back feet on the bottom bar, front paws on the
middle bar and begin to bounce until she gets enough momentum up that
she springs herself to the top bar and over and out.

I am constantly amazed at their abilities!

Leslie