From:
Carrie Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 17:29:07 -0400
Cheers for that post by Melissa.  Owning cats, dogs, and ferrets.  In
order of damage done by pets over the years, ferrets and cats are tied
for destruction, but the prize goes to our husky (sigh, who departed not
too long ago).  As a young puppy with inexperienced owners, it took a
while to establish the proper relationship and what is and is not
allowed.  She was incredibly good at doing damage when you were not
looking.  Examples, chewing the window sills, destroying a power supply
to a computer, tearing off only the front cover of a book.  Eventually,
we learned and so did she.  Sorry, rambling off the subject.  The point
is any animal can be destructive, and personally, I think the young lady
will find that a kitten can be as much a trial as a ferret when it comes
to destroying couches.

Jim (writing above) & Carrie (writing below) & the Flying Wow Weasels
(15), cats (5), and dogs (2)

P.S.  Wood putty is great for resculpting window sills & molding edges so
you can (hopefully) get your apartment deposit back!  My main concern
with the young lady dumping the ferret was , as Melissa just pointed out,
that she immediately turns around and decides that she will get a kitten,
as if cats are less destructive than ferrets!  I don't have a problem
with finding a home for the ferret where it is wanted and the people are
willing to accept the destruve capabilities of this tiny creature.  But I
have a bad feeling that in a month this girl will be asking someone to
find a home for a rambunctious kitten as well.  Anybody here ready for
another kitten?

P.P.S. (Jim again) We had the huskey for 12 years.  She died from a
sudden cancer.  I still miss her (the little termite).