From:
Mike Morrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 16:46:53 -0500
While we were exhibiting at the Holiday Ferret Expo in New Jersey last
weekend we had the pleasure of running into Robert L. Stephon of Avecon
Diagnostics.  Avecon is performing ADV testing via the salvia testing.
According to the test results this test is in concurrent with the currently
used CEP test.  With over 600 ferrets tested, the results have shown 20%
positives and is widespread spread evenly through out the US according
to Stephon.  We did find the Columbus Oh (HOFA) group is all negative.
Stephon recommends testing at least four times a year when ferrets have
been exposed.  It is still unclear how ADV is spread with exception to
direct contact.

[Moderator's note: Some details about Avecon and submitting samples
appeared in the recent ad issue.  BIG]