From:
Paul Jamison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 05:32:45 -0700
Well, here's one American who thinks that people of Asian ancestry have
every right to be offended by the remark about ferrets in Japan.  Just
because we're the most powerful country in the world (which does not
necessarily make us the greatest), that doesn't mean that it's okay to
make fun of people because they look different.

All of which doesn't really answer the original question about the
appearance of Japanese ferrets, but I don't think that the poster was
looking for a serious answer.  At least, I *hope* they weren't.

Paul