From:
Claudia Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 05:51:59 EST
Hi,

I would like to hear from anyone whose ferret has had cryo surgery on the
right adrenal.  My first (and favorite) ferret was 5 in July.  In Jan of
1999, my ferret vet removed the left adrenal and in Aug of 1999, Dr.
Charles Weiss removed 60% of the right adrenal (difficulty urinating).  In
April Zeke was given a Lupron injection because of hair loss.  He regained
his beautiful coat and has been doing great until last week.  My vet wanted
to know if he would be a candidate for Dr. Weiss to do cryo surgery.  I am
2 1/2 hours from him and have been playing phone tag with him.  If people
have had positive results and I can't get him on the phone today, I may
just set up the surgery appointment.  I'm scared because of the vena cava.
I lost a rescue in Sept after he made it thru a very long surgery that
removed the kidney (due to the adrenal tumor), adrenal portion and the
right vena cava was tied off.  He came to me too late to save, I believe.
I want to do what's best for Zeke.  *** He was given another Lupron
injection last Thurs do give me time to decide what to do.  He's urinating,
but not the usual volume and I'm keeping a very close eye on him.  Thanks
for any replys,

Claudia Johnson
Oxford Ferret Rescue
410-620-6246