Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 15:33:45 -0600
Thank you, Eliot, for being so sweet.  I always worry that no one
particularly cares about

I just realized today that Dervish is bigger than she used to be.  My
roommate commented on it last week, but I hadn't noticed yet.  I figured
out that this second box of food is going a lot faster than the first one
did...and Dervish can no longer slither under the door too my bedroom,
she's too big! :-)   By no stretch of the imagination is she a big ferret
(and I doubt she will be when she's fully grown), but it's funny to see her
try to get under the door then back up.  :-)

I finally managed to barricade the couch so she can't go spelunking in
there.  I've got t-shirts duct-taped in the spaces she uses to get it.  I
watched her try for 15 mintues to get them out, to no avail.  It is now
officially, completely safe for her to be loose in the apartment.  I went
into Emily's room and secretly ferret-proofed it (it was easier than
training Emma to close her door).

Derv's cage has a wire bottom (which I've covered) and then a sliding metal
tray underneath.  If I've been gone for most of the day and the litter box
(and surrounding cage space :-) is filled with the days' efforts, sometimes
there's a bit of an odor; the litter she prefers doesn't control smell too
well.  (I keep the room warm, so that might aggravate the problem).
Anyway, I filled the sliding tray full of baking soda, and I haven't had an
odor problem yet!  I'm so amazed at my brillance (yeah, right :-).

I'm working on a ferret-song to the tune of "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls.
("If you wannabe my ferret, you gotta steal all my socks...confiscate my
raisins and sleep inside a shoe box...")   Don't ask me where I get my
inspiration, I'm not sure I know.

-(TX) Meghan and Dervish ("couldn't you do 'The Ferret of the Opera'
instead?")

p.s.  She's asleep on my lap.  Are all ferrets this cute when they yawn?