Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2008 21:43:17 -0700
An interesting first post to be sure, but I was referred here so I'll
try! The local petco had a ferret dumped there a couple weeks ago. She
was (according to what the people said) bought there about 6-8 months
before, kept in a 24x12x12" cage the entire time, no litter pan, eating
cheap cat food, no hides and no toys. The first time in a few months
they decided to let her out to play she bit the wife and the husband
flung her into a wall and then dumped her. There was one employee in
the place who was willing to work with her and who did NOT want to see
her killed out of being "vicious and untameable"  Out of concern for
her, I agreed to take her in with the understanding that I would be
finding her a good home, or at least a rescue. She seems to be biting
out of a combination of fear and wanting to play, but not having been
taught any limits, she draws blood and then darts off, and I quite
honestly I am getting nervous to interact with her since she I can
never seem to catch her after her playtime and put her back up without
blood being drawn at least a couple of times.

I'm hoping someone here could either refer me to a rescue that can take
her in, or that someone here can take her. I live in Grand Junction,
CO, and while I have no reliable way to get over higher peaks (like
Veil Pass) or very far out of town, I am willing to drive part way (as
far as I can go at least) to meet someone who may be interested in her.

Thank you to anyone who may be able to help her find a good home!