Date:
Sat, 19 Sep 2009 23:31:32 -0800
Devon, there are NO airlines that fly ferrets in the cabin from Texas
to Alaska, or anywhere in between. I brought my ferrets to Alaska (DFW
to ANC) last November in the cabin on Delta. In July of this year they
changed their policy to no longer allow ferrets in the cabin. Alaska
Airlines will not either. Frontier Airlines flies pets, but does not
allow any in the cabin. They can go as checked luggage for a $100 fee.
<http://www.frontierairlines.com/frontier/plan-book/travel-info-services/family-pets/traveling-with-pets.do>

Continental has the best cargo transport for pets. They have a Quickpak
transport that will put you on the same flight as your pet and will
allow you to check on your pet at stops, I believe. The information
can be found here:
<http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/travel/animals/default.aspx>

If I HAD to fly and I HAD to take my ferrets at the same time, I would
consider Continental. There is really no other option. Even the Pet
Airways won't be able to get her out of Texas.

Good luck. Let us know when you get to Anchorage.

--
Renee Downs
"Eventually we will realize that if we destroy the ecosystem we