From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 23:51:31 EST
I know that many people want to do something for a special ferret, and, to
some extent, I understand your frustration with the ADV Tree of Giving.
But as the mom of 9 ADV+ ferrets, the best thing anyone can do for them is
give them hope.  Hope for all ferrets everywhere.  Hope that some day ADV
will no longer be a problem.  And the way to do that is by donating money
to ADV Research.

Some of the ferrets on the tree live in ADV+ shelters.  But others live in
private homes.  As a private owner, I do not feel right asking others to
give gifts to my ferrets.  However, by donating to research in the ferrets
name, you are doing something for my ferrets, and for all ferrets.  It is
a gift that means a lot to me and my kids.

We are not asking for money to support the ferret, but to help all ferrets.
I hope this helps explain where we are coming from.