From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 00:28:43 -0700
To all of our families

as you will see from these stories, we are in a very beautiful place, we
are healthy and happy, and have many many friends, and are waiting and
watching for you.

THE LEGEND OF THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just outside the gates of Heaven there is a small path.  It is a path of
the softest moss.

A low wall covered with vines of the sweetest smelling honeysuckle stands
along one side of the path.  On the other side a small brook filled with
the sweetest, coolest water in Heaven giggles its way into the distance.
Standing at the entrance to this path is a large carved stone.  There are
three words engraved upon th is stone.  They are

                      "THE  RAINBOW  BRIDGE"

The Rainbow Bridge is a magical place, filled with amazing smells and
wonderful places to explore.  The water from the brook satisfies all
thirst and hunger, and there is no pain, illness or fear.  This is a
place specially created for all the creatures that pass on from our
earthy realm, both wild creatures and our beloved companion pets that
pass before us.  Here the souls of the children yet to be born, adorned
with the wings of Angels, love and care for our pets, and keep them
company until the time comes when we may see them again before we pass
through the gates of HEAVEN

THE NEW RAINBOW BRIDGE

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill is a lush, green meadow
where time stands still, where the friends of man and woman do run, when
their time on ear th is over and done

For here between this world and the next, is a place where each beloved
creature finds rest.  On this golden land, they wait and they play, till
the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness, for here they are whole,
their lives filled with gladness.  Their limbs are restored, their
health is renewed, their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care, Until one day they
STOP and SNIFF at the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front to back,
then all of a sudden, ONE breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, Their eye's have met,
Together again, both Person and Pet.
They run to each other, these friends from long past,
The time of their parting is over at last.

The Sadness they felt while they were apart, has turned to Joy once More
in each others heart.They embrace with a love that will last forever, and
then, Side by Side, they cross over the Rainbow Bridge.......TOGETHER

[Moderator's note: The above poem is (c) 1998 Steve and Diane Bodofsky.
All Rights Reserved.       BIG]

REQUEST FROM THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

Into that gentle night,
Grieve if you will, but not for long
Upon my soul's sweet flight.
I am at peace, my soul's at rest,
There is no need for tears,
For with your love I was so blessed
For all those many days and years.
There is no pain, I suffer not,
Put now these things out of your thoughts,
In your memory I live on.
Remember not my fight for breath
Remember not the strife
Please do not dwell upon my death
BUT CELEBRATE MY LIFE!

Mommy and Daddy, see how beautiful it is here!  And the Elders says that
when you come here, we can stay here for a few days together before we
cross the bRainbow Bridge.  Except that we miss you all so much, and
love you all, we are happy.

Love from all of your furkids

GOD BLESS
[FY]